Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
DOCOMOMO US MN's 2012 Tour Day: Cerny Survey and West Cedar Lake Walking Tours
Saturday, October 6, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (CDT)
The Minnesota Chapter of DOCOMOMO US will host a tour of Modern houses in the Twin Cities area on Saturday, October 6, 2012. Tour maps may be picked up at any of the homes the day of the tour. The tour will end with a party at 3531 Basswood Road in Minneapolis.
Tour cost is $20 for members of DOCOMOMO US, $30 for non-members, and $15 for students. In addition to purchasing tickets in advance online, tickets can be purchased at each property on the tour. More information, including tour locations is available at: www.docomomo-us-mn.org. All proceeds from the tour go to the support of the Minnesota Chapter of DOCOMOMO US.
The schedule for the home tour is as follows:
HOMES DESIGNED BY ARCHITECT, ROBERT CERNY
- 110 Melborne Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis-designed by Robert Cerny in 1941
- 1757 Fairview Avenue North. Falcoln Heights-designed by Robert Cerny in 1950
- 375 Pelham Boulevard, Saint Paul-designed by Robert Cerny in 1941
WEST CEDAR LAKE WALKING TOUR
- 2224 Cedar Lake Parkway, Minneapolis-designed by Long and Thorsov in 1948
- 2441 Cedar Lane, Minneapolis-designed in 1952
- 2304 Drew Avenue South, Minneapolis-designed by Graffunder and Nagle in 1957
- 3531 Basswood Road, Minneapolis-designed by Home Design Center and William Rafferty in 1958
- 1520 Kaltern Lane, Golden Valley-designed by Richard Babcock in 1960
- 3531 Basswood Road, Minneapolis-designed by Home Design Center in 1957
DOCOMOMO US MN
DOCOMOMO US is the working party in the United States of the international organization, DOCOMOMO. The name is an acronym for the DOcumentation and COnservation of buildings, sites, and neighborhoods of the MOdern MOvement. The group promotes the study, interpretation, and protection of the architecture, landscape, and urban design of the Modern Movement. DOCOMOMO US is a 501(c)3 registered non-profit organization that promotes public interest in Modernism through lectures
and tours, and organize advocacy efforts to protect endangered sites and buildings. The Minnesota Chapter was founded in 2010 and this is the third year it has hosted an October tour as part of DOCOMOMO US National Tour Day.